Get To Know: Ryan Cassata
by Noah • • 0 Comments
Ok guys, here it is! The interview you all have been waiting for with handsome crooner, Ryan Cassata. You’ve seen his youtube videos, you’ve heard his music, and some of you may have had the pleasure of attending one of his speaking engagements. Ryan is an eighteen-year-old mover and shaker in the trans* community whom you should know! I’m very happy to bring you this quickfire interview and I personally look forward to hearing the new album.
1) For those who aren’t familiar with you, what is your full name? Have you legally changed it?
Ryan Otto Cassata. My name has been legally changed for about 2 or 3 years.
2) How do you identify? Do you feel that your identity is well-matched with how people perceive you?
I identify as a transgender female to male individual. Yes, I do.
3) We all know you as an awesome crooner, with great songs like “Waiting on the Sunrise” and “Love/Hate” from your album The Theme of Humankind. Do your songs reflect where you are at in your life currently?
I think my songs will always reflect me. I have a new record coming out in early June and that will be the biggest reflection of who I am now and currently.
4) Who are some of your biggest musical influences and why?
My biggest musicial influences are The Doors, T. Rex, Led Zeppelin, and Guns N’ Roses for the amazing poetic songwriting and excellent composition.
5) You have accomplished so much as a young transgender activist and a singer/songwriter with your own record label. What’s next for Ryan Cassata? Where is the next chapter taking you?
Thank you. Next, I will be releasing my album in June. There are also a lot of big things happening behind the scenes that I’m not allowed to announce yet, so I’ll keep you all waiting!! I will be attending college in the Fall to study communications and become a more advanced public speaker.
6) What is your advice for young trans* people working to figure themselves out in at home, at school, and in relationships?
My advice is that you always have to be yourself and don’t be afraid to experiment to get there. Also do not be afraid to search deep within yourself for answers.
Any advice to kids who may be experiencing bullying due to being transgender?
If you are being bullied or you know someone who is being bullied, for any reason, always report these incidents to teachers and school staff. Take action!
7) You recently underwent top surgery! Congrats on that, many of us very jealous. Do you feel different now that you have closed a very important chapter in your transition?
I am much happier since my top surgery. I feel “normal” for the first time in my life. My top half finally matches what my brain see’s.
8 ) Here at We Happy Trans, we like to focus our energies on building up the mental, emotional, and spiritual fitness of our readers. What are few of your rules to live by in order to maintain a positive balance in your life?
I always release negative energy in a positive way by writing, reading, studying, playing music, listening to music, chatting with friends, etc.
9) Do you have a favorite quote that keeps you motivated and inspired?
Any quote by Harvey Milk keeps me inspired.
10) Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us, Ryan! All of us at We Happy Trans wish you all the success and happiness in the world. Please share with us where we can find your music and touring/appearance dates.
Thank you! www.ryancassata.com