7 Questions – Jen
by Jen • • 3 Comments
I finally got around to answering my own 7 Questions.
A few notes:
- This was unscripted, so apologies to my hard of hearing friends. I will type up a transcript as soon as possible.
- It’s in two parts because . . . well, I like to talk.
- Yes, I also love my hair in the original post, but it was a wig. This is what I actually look like every day.
- In the video I give credit to Jasmine Jewels for urging me to start We Happy Trans and recommend you all check her out. I neglected to mention that the results of such a search may be NSFW. While I would love for your boss to see you checking out a fierce and beautiful trans woman, the choice should be yours.
- I mention the two types of media depictions of trans women that Julia Serano describes as “tragic” or “pathetic”. I meant “deceptive” or “pathetic”. (Here’s a recent take on the trope from Inchoate Erica.)
- I sometimes feel a bit silly and vain talking about lucky I am in the face of so much recent tragedy. And I do have a post about Paige Clay forthcoming, as well as one about the illuminating Transchat on PoC. In the end though, we need to be having all of these conversations, including the positive ones.
- You all rock. Thanks for being a part of We Happy Trans. xo